Please join The Give Back Yoga Foundation, The Boulder Yoga Project, and The Adi Shakti Center as we bring Nikki Myers to Boulder for a weekend Leadership Training!!
Y12SR is a rich and powerful framework for integrating the wisdom of yoga and the practical tools of 12-step programs.
CEU’s are available for Yoga Alliance registered teachers. For more info on Y12SR, visit www.y12sr.com
- Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
- Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
- Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
- Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
- Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass/arrogance.
- Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
To register or for more information, contact: Rachel.Zelaya@gmail.com. 720-252-3962. Payment plans are available. Email Rachel.Zelaya@gmail.com for more information.
All events will be held at The Adi Shakti Center: 6717 Valmont Rd, Boulder, CO 80301.
The 12-step recovery model, created in 1939, is the most well-known and pervasive addiction/recovery program in the world with millions of practitioners internationally. In a word, the characteristics and effects of addiction could easily be described as separation. Addictive behaviors separate and disconnect us from ourselves, our loved ones, our environment and so much more. Conversely, yoga itself means union, integration, balance. Yoga and its practices teach the fine art of balancing our multidimensional lives while living in a complex world. The 12-step program approaches addiction at a cognitive level, while yoga includes a somatic approach. The combining of the two creates a model that truly addresses addiction as the physical, mental and spiritual disease that it is. Y12SR recognizes that yoga and its practices are a part of a holistic recovery program and rather than a replacement, it provides adjunct tools to address the physical, mental and spiritual disease of addiction.
Y12SR® is a community organizing platform that provides a rich and powerful framework for integrating the wisdom of yoga and the practical tools of 12-step programs.
Nikki Myers developed Yoga of 12-Step Recovery (Y12SR) in 2004. Nikki is an accomplished yoga therapist, teacher and somatic experiencing practitioner. She is the founder of CITYOGA School of Yoga and Health in Indianapolis, IN. From her personal struggles with addiction, Nikki is quick to tell the world, “The 12-step program and Yoga saved my life – one is my lifeboat, the other my launching pad.”
Y12SR is a program of Off the Mat, Into the World, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization